Officer D. Wardlaw
225 W. Renfro St.
Do you want to be part of the solution? Then sign up for the Burleson Police Department’s new and improved Burleson Wise Eyes program.
Residents are advised of crime trends or incidents through the Burleson Wise Eyes email distribution list. Residents have responded to Wise Eyes alerts and assisted in either identifying the suspect or providing more facts. The revamped program brings the subscriber in as an involved crime-fighting participant.
Have you ever seen something that seemed out of place or not quite right? Odds are if you did, you didn’t report it because you didn’t want to bother the police. The Burleson Police Department encourages residents to report suspicious activity through the non-emergency line at 817-426-9903. If it is an emergency, call 911. You can remain anonymous and still trust your intuition, be a good witness, and report suspicious activity. It’s as easy as recording the details, including:
- What you witnessed
- Suspect description
- Suspect vehicle description
- License plate number
- Have you seen this behavior before? When? Where?
- Take pictures, if you can do so safely without being detected, then email the information and/or pictures.
The police department will:
- Create a file to save the information
- Compare the information to similar reports or recent criminal activity
- In cases where necessary, conduct additional investigations
- Forward the information to other departments (detectives, City code enforcement, and City animal control)
The more information shared, the more it increases the police department’s ability to work with citizens and other departments to keep neighborhoods safe.
To be added to the distribution list of recent crime trends or to participate in the program, contact Officer D. Wardlaw