Talking Books Program
The Burleson Public Library is now a Talking Book Program Deposit Library!
The Talking Book Program provides books for Texans of all ages who are unable to read standard print material due to visual, physical, or reading disabilities. This service is provided free of charge to members of the Talking Books Program.
You can learn more about or apply to the program at the Talking Books Program website.
We currently have 39 Braille titles available through our library, from juvenile to adult. See the list here (current titles on PDF); call 817-426-9211 for availability. Additional titles may be available to request.
Note that there are some differences to circulation policies, as opposed to traditional circulation of items at the library.
General Loan Information:
- All books must be returned by the end of the loan period.
- Loan periods start when the book leaves the library.
- Due date policy for individuals: 45 day loan.
- Due date policy for schools: 90 day loan.
- Due date policy for other institutions: 120 day loan.
- You will never be charged a fine for overdue materials; however, repeated violations of the Loan policy may result in suspension of service for up to six months.
- You may renew books that are less than 3 weeks overdue upon request.
- Renewal periods are the same as loan periods and being on the day following the last day of the original loan period.
- A book cannot be renewed if another patron has placed a reserve on it, by an inactive patron, or is any item on loan is too overdue.
For questions about the loaning period: (512) 463-5458 or toll-free 1-800-252-9605
For Renewals: (512) 463-5458 or toll free 1-800-252-9605