|Location:||Renfro Street from SH 174 (Wilshire Blvd) to Alsbury Blvd
|Purpose:||Increase the Renfro Street and Wilshire Blvd intersection capacity and improve traffic flow and safety.|
- Add a free-right turn lane from SB Renfro Street to SH174 (adjacent to CVS)
- Install a median on Renfro at the intersection with SH174, including a hooded left into the shopping center at the northwest corner of the Renfro Street and Wilshire Blvd intersection
- Improve safety by changing the Gordon Street approach (at CVS) to right-in/right out only
- TXDOT required drive closure to one of the drive approaches at CVS on Wilshire Blvd
- Bulbouts at Murphy and Cindy Streets to improve safety of pedestrian crossing areas.
|Project Cost:||Approximately $1.25M|
Street Bond Funds
- April 2018: Plans are 95% complete. Wrapping up property acquisition and preparing to bid the project
- Jan 26, 2017: Public input meeting held at Pathway Church
- Meetings have been held with owners of retail establishments between Wilshire and Thomas
- Feb. 22, 2018: Public Meeting held at City Hall, 4:30-7:00 pm. Notices were mailed to all residents/owners with property abutting the project limits.
- January 2019:Project re-advertised.
- March 2019: Bid award.
- Bid and Construction: projected for third quarter of 2019
- April 2019: Start Construction
|Closures/Detours:||To be announced|