Pay for Your Health Permit Online
The Environmental Services Food Establishment Inspection and Permitting Program is put in place to protect the health of all Burleson residents. This is accomplished through permitting food facilities serving to the public, ensuring that they meet minimum State standards for safe operation, and minimizing risk of spreading food-borne illness. In addition, we perform routine health inspections to identify potential hazards to public health.
Report a ComplaintTo report suspected food-borne illness, send Environmental Services an email or call (817) 426-9832.
Food Establishment Inspection ScoresFood Establishment Inspection Reports
Explanation of scoring system:
- Score is a reflection of violations based on demerits: 0 (zero) is a "perfect" score, 30 is a failing score. An inspection score of 30 or more requires a follow-up within 3 days. Inspection score of 25 or more requires follow-up if priority items are not able to be corrected during initial inspection.
- Priority Items (3 points each) are the highest risk items for causing food-borne illnesses. These items if cited as a violation must be corrected within 3 days if not able to do so immediately, it may require reheating, rapid cooling, or discarding food out of proper temperature range.
- Priority Foundation Items (2 points each) are focused on facility procedures, facility maintenance and equipment necessary to maintain proper food safety, these violations should be corrected immediately where possible. Where not possible they should be corrected within 90 days or by next scheduled inspection whichever comes first.
Laws and RegulationsCity of Burleson has adopted the following regulations:
Helpful Documents for Food Establishments
- Fixed - Available soon
- Mobile - Available soon
Food Safety Educational Material
FAQsWhat does Burleson Environmental Services inspect?
- Environmental Services does not inspect: nail salons, beauty shops, tattoo parlors, tanning salons, residential swimming pools, foster homes or funeral and cremation facilities. To obtain inspection and regulatory information regarding these establishments, please contact the regional office of the Department of State and Health Services at 817-264-4500.
- Contact Environmental Services by Email or phone, (817) 426-9832.
How do I get a health permit for my food business?
- More to come
How do I pay a permit fee?
- You may mail a check to: C/O Environmental Services, 725 SE John Jones, Burleson, TX 76028
- Make all checks payable to: City of Burleson C/O Environmental Services
- Pay online
- More to come