Pay for Your Health Permit Online
The Environmental Services Food Establishment Inspection and Permitting Program is put in place to protect the health of all Burleson residents. This is accomplished through permitting food facilities serving to the public, ensuring that they meet minimum State standards for safe operation, and minimizing risk of spreading food-borne illness. In addition, we perform routine health inspections to identify potential hazards to public health.
Report a ComplaintTo report suspected food-borne illness, send Environmental Services an email or call (817) 426-9832.
Food Establishment Inspection ScoresFood Establishment Inspection Reports
Explanation of scoring system:
- Score is a reflection of violations based on demerits: 100 is a "perfect" score, 70 or below is a failing score. An inspection score of 70 or below requires a follow-up within 3 days. Inspection score of 71 to 75 requires follow-up if priority items are not able to be corrected during initial inspection.
- Priority Items (3 points each) are the highest risk items for causing food-borne illnesses. These items if cited as a violation must be corrected within 3 days if not able to do so immediately, it may require reheating, rapid cooling, or discarding food out of proper temperature range.
- Priority Foundation Items (2 points each) are focused on facility procedures, facility maintenance and equipment necessary to maintain proper food safety, these violations should be corrected immediately where possible. Where not possible they should be corrected within 90 days or by next scheduled inspection whichever comes first.
Laws and RegulationsCity of Burleson has adopted the following regulations:
- FDA Food Code 2017
- Texas Food Establishment Rules
- Dogs on Restaurant Patio
- Minimum Requirements for Food Establishments
Plan ReviewPlans for extensive remodeling and construction of any food service establishment (restaurants, retail food stores, schools and daycare facilities) must be submitted to the Environmental Services Department for review under city and state law. Please submit the attached application along with an official copy of the plans to be reviewed via email.
Temporary EventsThis guide can be used for any food vendors looking to participate in single events
- Food Establishment - To be used for new food establishments, change of name, change of address and change of ownership. Please note current permits do not transfer to the new owner.
- Mobile Food Operation
- Temporary Food Permit
Food Safety Educational Material
- City of Burleson Food Handler Certification Training - Link coming soon!
- Food Manager
- Food Handler in-person (Classroom)
- Food Handler Online
- Educational Handouts
FAQsWhat does Burleson Environmental Services inspect?
- Environmental Services does not inspect: nail salons, beauty shops, tattoo parlors, tanning salons, residential swimming pools, foster homes or funeral and cremation facilities. To obtain inspection and regulatory information regarding these establishments, please contact the regional office of the Department of State and Health Services at 817-264-4500.
- Contact Environmental Services by Email or phone, (817) 426-9832.
How do I pay a permit fee?
- You may mail a check to: C/O Environmental Services, 725 SE John Jones, Burleson, TX 76028
- Make all checks payable to: City of Burleson C/O Environmental Services
- Pay online