Bond Information

Appearance / Surety Bonds

To obtain an appearance/surety bond, you should contact a bail bondsman or other surety who has the proper authority to post a bond with the Court. The bondsman or surety will collect a fee for this service. The fee is generally a percentage of the total of the fines, fees, and costs owed.

Cash Bonds

Upon being arrested for outstanding Class C misdemeanor warrants, a defendant always has the ability to pay the total fines owed in cash to secure his or her release from jail. This is called posting a cash bond. The cash bond is generally collected at the jail where the defendant is incarcerated. The amount owed for outstanding Burleson warrants is forwarded from that jail to the Burleson Municipal Court of Record. Once paid, that amount is posted as a bond.

Notification of Bond Hearing

After the Court receives the payment, the defendant will be set for Court and notified of the date, time, and place of his or her bond hearing. The defendant is responsible for notifying the Court of any address change. Failure to appear at this hearing may result in new warrants being issued. 
Note: After arrest, a defendant may enter plea in writing of No Contest or Guilty if he or she does not wish to appear or contest the charges. This will result in the Court entering a final conviction and applying the cash bond amount in satisfaction of the fine and costs.

Contact Us

Please contact the Municipal Court if you have any questions at 817-426-9220.