News Flash

City Updates

Posted on: March 21, 2019

Household Hazardous Waste, Electronic Recycling & Paper Shredding event

Start clearing your clutter now for the City’s free semiannual Household Hazardous Waste, Electronic Recycling, & Paper Shredding event slated for Saturday, April 27. The collection is 9 - 11 a.m., the Municipal Service Center, 725 S.E. John Jones Rd.

Items are collected on a first come, first served basis. All electronics and appliances, including tube TVs, will be taken for free. There is no fee for paper shredding, but the volume is limited to three document-sized boxes per vehicle.

This event is only open to residents who live inside the Burleson city limits (proof of residency including a City water or solid waste bill is required).

What qualifies? Household hazardous waste items that will be accepted include acids, aerosol cans, antifreeze, batteries (all kinds, including car batteries), brake fluid, cooking oil, craft chemicals, degreasers, drain cleaner, fertilizer, fluorescent light bulbs, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), herbicides, household chemicals, motor oil, paints and stains (limit to 20-gallons per vehicle), paint thinners, pest strips, pesticides, photo chemicals, pool chemicals, oil filters, solvents, transmission fluid, and varnish. We will also be accepting tires (limit four per vehicle).

Household hazardous waste items that will not be accepted include ammunition, asbestos, building materials, butane cylinders, electronics, explosives, medical waste, PCBs, propane cylinders, radioactive material and smoke detectors.

Residents who do not want to wait until April 27, can take their household hazardous waste to the Environmental Collection Center (ECC). The ECC is open Thursdays and Fridays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. It is located at 6400 Bridge St. in Fort Worth. For directions, call 817-392-EASY (3279). There is no fee for dropping off your household hazardous waste, however, residents must take a City of Burleson water or solid waste bill as proof of residency. The ECC only accepts paint, automotive fluids, other chemicals and batteries. They do not accept electronics, tires or shred paper.

If you have items that don’t fit into the categories for the April 27 event, download the Burleson Waste & Recycling app from your mobile device’s app store, type in your address, and follow the prompts to get your questions answered.

For more information contact Jesse Tate, environmental technician, at 817-426-9848.

Additional Info...
Facebook Twitter Email