There will be a runoff election for the Place 3 seat on the Burleson City Council.
Victoria Johnson received 51.29 percent of the total vote to win Council Place 1 seat outright. Incumbent Stuart Gillaspie brought in 44.11 percent and David O’ Connor received 4.59 percent to round out place 1’s race.
In Place 3, Incumbent Katherine Reading garnered 45.21 percent of the vote and Jimmy Stanford received 44.85 percent. In order to win the seat outright, the person with the highest number of votes would have had to earn 50 percent of the total vote, plus one. Four filed for the seat, Matthew Gee received 6.63 percent of the votes and Bertina A. Else received 3.31 percent for Place 3.
In Place 5, Incumbent Dan McClendon earned 54.20 percent of the vote to win the seat outright. Challenger Melissa Tinkle received 45.80 percent.
The run-off election will be held on Saturday, June 5, 2021.
Early Voting Schedule:
Monday, May 24 – May 28 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Monday, May 31 – June 1 (7 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
During the regularly scheduled city council meeting on Monday, May 17, 2021 Victoria Johnson (Place 1) and Dan McClendon (Place 5) will be sworn in.
- Victoria Johnson: 1429 total votes
- David O’ Connor: 128 total votes
- Stuart Gillaspie: 1229 total votes
- Matthew Gee: 184 total votes
- Jimmy Stanford: 1245 total votes
- Katherine Reading: 1255 total votes
- Bertina A. Else: 92 total votes
- Melissa Tinkle: 1269 total votes
- Dan McClendon: 1502 total votes