Yesterday, Tuesday, July 27, there was a dispute between two juveniles at the BRiCk. One of the juveniles stated that they were going to get a weapon and return. As part of the BRiCk’s security protocols the facility was placed on restricted access while police officers investigated. After the investigation was complete and no threat was found, the facility was reopened.
This summer, the BRiCk has experienced several incidents with fights and other related issues. In order to continue to ensure the facility is family-friendly and safe the below policy changes will be implemented starting tomorrow, Thursday, July 29.
- Day passes can only be purchased by persons 16 years of age and older.
- Day passes, which previously only required a name and phone number will now be set up as a household.
- All youth will be required to sign a conduct policy and a parent or guardian will be required to sign the form as well.
- All persons age 10-15 must have a parent or guardian present in the facility when participating in non-structured activities such as swimming, open gym, or exercising on the fitness floor.
- All persons 9 and under must be directly supervised by a parent or guardian.
- Open gym during the summer will become a supervised gym time that will require registration for anyone under the age of 16.
Supervised gym hours for the remainder of the 2021 season will be:
- Mon-Sat 8 a.m. to noon
- Tues-Sat 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
We appreciate your understanding and hope that these changes will improve the experience for everyone involved at the BRiCk.