Coyote Loop Trail at Wakefield Heights Park was recently registered as a Certified Wildlife Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation by meeting the following criteria:
- Provides at least three (3) food sources for wildlife
- Provides at least one (1) water source for wildlife (Shannon Creek)
- Provides at least two (2) sources of cover for wildlife
- Provides at least two (2) places where wildlife can raise their young
- Employs soil and water conservation practices and invasive species management through the help of volunteers and the Parks and Recreation No Mow program
Burleson is proud to feature parks that provide access to recreational opportunities for health and wellness and help conserve some of the city’s most precious natural resources.