Welcome to the Office of the City Secretary
I would like to welcome you to the City Secretary's web page. The City Secretary is an officer of the City, appointed by the City Council. The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by state law and the City Charter.
The City Secretary and staff are committed to providing quality public service and connective the public with the legislative process. We strive to ensure that the City's legislative processes are open and public by providing a link between citizens and government with processes aimed toward transparency. Through efficient use of City resources, we are able to ensure the preservation of Burleson's legislative history.
We are a technology-driven department believing that technology provides much faster and more easily accessible information.
Our team is here to assist with public records requests, processing board and commission applications for appointment, and elections administration. The City Secretary's Office is responsible for updating and maintaining city ordinances and codes; providing access to legislative meeting information, and receive campaign financial related filings. In addition to the statutory duties of the position, the City Secretary serves as records management officer and the election administrator.
If you have any suggestions on how we can better assist you; or if you have questions about our web page or services, please do not hesitate to contact us, we would be happy to hear from you.Sincerely,
Amanda Campos, TRMC, CMC
The City Secretary's services include:
- Posting all agendas, attending all meetings of the City Council, and keeping accurate records of the proceedings
- Serving as custodian of the City corporate seal and attesting the Mayor's signature on all official document
- Serving as the chief election official for the City of Burleson, which includes being responsible for the administration of the City’s general elections
- Coordinating the codification of city ordinances into the City Code of Ordinances. Posting all legal notices in compliance with state laws and publishes all legal ads and notices for the City
- Coordinating all board and committee of the council, including meeting agendas, minutes, and applications.