Public Safety Communications
Overview and Duties
The Public Safety Communications Department serves the Burleson community as the initial first responder team responsible to dispatch and support Burleson's Fire and Police Departments, as well as Medstar, the city's EMS ambulance provider.
The Public Safety Communications Section is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Answering and handling all emergency and nonemergency requests for police, fire, and emergency medical services via enhanced 911, telephone, teletype, TDD, radio, and walk-ins; and dispatching uniform services when necessary.
- Entering and documenting all call for service requests and information into the CAD system.
- Ensuring safety of personnel by maintaining status of police, fire, city marshals and other staff; communicating and providing information to employees and other criminal justice agencies, relaying messages and documenting actions as required.
- Processing queries, entries, modifications and clearances through the Texas and National Law Enforcement Telecommunications Systems.
- Performing warrant confirmations; processing fines and bond and credit card transactions; and preparing, researching, and maintaining departmental reports and paperwork of all types.
- Monitoring of prisoners and the police facility through video/audio monitors.
- Reporting and logging malfunctions of communication equipment.
Police Employee Commendation Form
Personal Complaint Form