- Public Safety Communications
Public Safety Communications
Overview and Duties
The Public Safety Communications Department serves the Burleson community as the initial first responder team responsible to dispatch and support Burleson's Fire and Police Departments, as well as MedStar, the city's EMS ambulance provider.
The Public Safety Communications Department responsibilities:
- Answering and handling all emergency and non-emergency requests for police, fire, and emergency medical services via enhanced 9-1-1, telephone, TDD, radio, teletype and walk-ins; dispatching uniform services when necessary.
- Entering and documenting all call for service requests and information into the CAD system.
- Ensuring safety of personnel by maintaining status of police, fire, city marshals and other staff; communicating and providing information to employees and other criminal justice agencies, relaying messages and documenting actions as required.
- Processing queries, entries, modifications and clearances through the Texas and National Law Enforcement Telecommunications Systems.
- Performing warrant confirmations; processing fines and bond and credit card transactions; and preparing, researching, and maintaining departmental reports and records.
- Monitoring the police facility via video/audio systems.
- Reporting and logging malfunctions of communication equipment.