Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
2. The use of the dwelling unit for the home occupation is clearly incidental and subordinate to its use for residential purposes by its occupants, and not more than 250 square feet of floor area of the dwelling unit are used in the conduct of the home occupation.
3. There is no visible evidence of the conduct of the home occupation from outside the building.
4. The home occupation is not conducted in an accessory building.
5. Any sales in connection with the home occupation are clearly secondary, and there are no sales from the dwelling.
6. Traffic is not generated by the home occupation in greater volumes than would normally be expected in a residential neighborhood, and any need for parking generated by the conduct of the home occupation is met off the street and other than in a required front yard.
7. Equipment, processes or work is not used or conducted in the home occupation which creates noise, vibration, glare, fumes, odors, or electrical interference detectable to the normal senses off the lot. In the case of electrical interference, no equipment, process or work is used or conducted which creates visual or audible interference in any radio or television receivers off the premises, or causes fluctuation in line voltage off the premises.
8. The following occupations are specifically excluded as home occupations: operation of beauty culture schools, beauty parlors, barber shops, lawn mower or other small engine repair, automotive repair, television, radio, or electronic repair and bicycle repair.
To find out where in Burleson Home Occupations are permitted, please see the Zoning section of the City's Code of Ordinances. You may contact the Community Development Department for assistance at 817-426-9611. Code of Ordinances
The following lists the required documents for each type of registration:
Electrician: Copy of state license $100 fee Copy of current drivers license Proof of insurance Registration form
Mechanical: Copy of state license $100 fee Copy of current drivers license Proof of insurance Registration form
Plumbing: Copy of State license Copy of current drivers license Registration form
Irrigation: Copy of State license Copy of current drivers Proof of insurance Registration form
Back flow testers: Backflow certification card, Copy of current driver's license Current meter calibration certificate General liability insurance Registration form
Fire Prevention: Copy of State license $50 fee (except for fire alarm) Proof of insurance Completed application form
Please note: A completed form consists of business name, address, phone number, register's name, address, email address, and phone number. Contractor Registration Application
Site plan (showing drainage arrows / grading, and elevations for all four walls)
Floor plan (optional)
Energy code compliance document
CommercialThree (3) copies of the following documentation:
Architectural, structural, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical plans
Floor plans showing each room, proposed use, square footage of each area, and exits
Wall section and elevations
Roof framing plan
Texas registered professional / engineer's seal and signature is required on structural pages
Approved site plan
Submit COM Check or other acceptable documentation to confirm the proposed building, lighting, and mechanical systems are in compliance with the 2006 International Energy Conservation Code
Provide project number to confirm that the construction has been registered with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation for compliance with the Texas Accessibility Standards
Remodel or Interior Finish-Out PermitsThree (3) sets of construction plans containing:
Plot plan showing off-street parking, existing building, and address key.
Floor plan showing each room, proposed use, square footage of each area, and exits
Typical detail of non-bearing walls to be constructed
Electrical, plumbing, and mechanical plans
Written confirmation that an asbestos inspection/survey has been conducted of the space to be renovated
No more than one sign shall be posted on any residential property advertising such sales.
No more than three signs shall be allowed for each permit issued.
Signs can not be placed on utility poles or on any state rights of way and may not be closer than 10 feet to the street pavement. Signs cannot be placed on vehicles. Additional sign(s) placed off premise must be on privately owned, developed, occupied property, subject to permission of the property owner.
Sales are limited to two per calendar year and are not to exceed three consecutive days in length.
Any sign in violation of the regulations is subject to removal by City ordinance, and the related sale holder will be cited.
On-premise signs may be posted 24 hours before the sale, but must be taken down within 24 hours after the sale.
Permits may be obtained at City Hall in the Building Permits and Inspections Office. Call 817-426-9632 for more information. Garage Sale Information
Provide street address
Note location of adjacent street(s)
Identify primary structure
Provide dimensions of proposed accessory structure
Note location and width of any utility easements
Note location of any other accessory structures, including swimming pools
Note setbacks from property lines and adjacent structure(s)
Minimum setbacks are as follows:
Rear: May abut, but not encroach into utility easement. If there is no rear yard easement, minimum rear setback is (3') three feet.
Side (interior lot lines): May abut, but not encroach into utility easement. If there is no side yard easement, minimum side setback is (3') three feet
Side (adjacent to side street): Structure must be set back at least 10 feet from a side property line adjacent to a side street. If a platted building line greater than 10 feet is in place, structure must be located at, or behind platted line.
Separation between primary and accessory structures: Separation between these structures must be at least 10 feet.
Permits may be purchased at City Hall in the Building Permits and Inspections Department. Call 817-426-9632 for more information.
You can now view the requested inspections each day as well as the results of the previous days inspections.