- City Council
- Council Place 1
Council Place 1
Elected to City Council in May 2021
Council Member Johnson is currently a member of the following City Council Committees:
- Appointments & Council Policies
- Community Services Committee
- Finance & Internal Services
Projects in this role:
- Easing traffic with the expansion of East Renfro
- Addressing health needs of our underserved community with the purchase of a new Mobile Health Bus for Huguley Hospital
- Helped with the recruitment and retention of businesses
- Provided pertinent legislative updates to Council during the Legislative Session. Represented the City at trade shows and conventions that brought attention to the then newly developed business park.
- Worked with businesses leaders to develop relationships with the City
- Partnered with the Chamber of Commerce to support local business
- Researched new opportunities throughout the metroplex to help recruit new opportunities to Burleson
- Partnered with local efforts such as Be Healthy Burleson to promote healthy living, education of health risks, public health fairs and community movement events such as Walking for Wellness and the Be Healthy 5K
- Promoted hospital resources, physicians and health services to assist the community in making the best healthcare decisions for their families
As Director of Communications for the Burleson Independent School District, Victoria was responsible for promoting and enhancing communication with parents, students, staff and the community at-large. She assisted in developing a new, user-friendly website and grew the district's social media presence. She believes the best part of her job was sharing the successes of the district: classes and clubs winning competitions; student awards, scholarships and signing days; staff achieving new certifications and degrees and so much more.
After many years as a Meals on Wheels volunteer, Victoria served as Director of Community Engagement before making the decision to stay home to focus on family. Serving our senior population is of the utmost importance to Victoria.
Volunteer ExperienceVictoria is passionate about giving back to her hometown. In the words of a local church marquee, "you can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving."
- Served as a Rotarian in Burleson for 10 years, 7 of those as a Board Member, coordinating community service activities on behalf of the Club. These included community improvement projects such as helping a homeowner with yard work, painting or small repair projects in partnership with the City's Code Compliance department.
- Partnered with the BISD elementary libraries to donate books on behalf of weekly speakers to the Club.
- Provided support to community events such as Founder's Day, the Burleson Honey Tour Bike Ride, Be Healthy 5K and more.
Other Volunteer Roles have included:
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Board Member
- Burleson Mayor's Youth Council, Adult Voting Member
- Burleson Character Council Committee Member
- Burleson Relay for Life Committee, Burleson Goes Purple Chair for 2 consecutive years
- St. Ann Catholic Church Kindergarten Catechism Aide
- Junior League of Fort Worth
- Ambassador to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo
- Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow, 2016
- Rotarian of the Year, 2012
- Johnson County 20 under 40, Community Life Magazine, 2012
Education and Training
Victoria is a 2002 graduate of Burleson High School. She earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and History from Texas State University in 2006. She completed the Burleson Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Burleson program in 2008 and the Junior League of Fort Worth's All A-board Leadership training program in 2016.