You are Eligible for Deferred Disposition If
- You do not possess a CDL license (Commercial Driver’s License)
- You have not participated in any deferred disposition program during the past 1 year, calculated from date of previous dismissal to the date of your current citation
- You are not currently participating in a Deferred Disposition in the City of Burleson
- You are not charged with speeding in excess of 24 mph over the speed limit
- You are not charged with a violation occurring in a construction zone
- You have not already paid your fine which resulted in a final conviction in this case
- If you are under the age of 25 see below
If your request for deferred disposition is granted, you will be placed on probation for a period not to exceed 180 days. As a condition of your probation, you must not receive any additional citations in the City of Burleson, including parking tickets, during the deferral period. Other conditions may also be imposed to qualify for deferred disposition. Any conditions or terms required to successfully complete the deferral period will be provided to you in writing by the court. In addition, you will be required to read and sign the deferred disposition order acknowledging receipt of the information needed to satisfy your deferral terms. If you are under the age of 25 you will be required to complete defensive driving.
At the end of the deferral period, provided you have met all the conditions of your probation, the judge will dismiss your citation without a final disposition. Dismissal of the citation is not reported to the Department of Public Safety, and thus, the offenses are not recorded on your driving and/or criminal record.
If you have any questions, please contact the Municipal Court at 817-426-9220.