Please Note: Proceeding with a request for Deferred Disposition online will require you to download required documents and email them to the court with proper identification.
You are Eligible for Deferred Disposition If:
- You did not possess a CDL license (Commercial Driver’s License) on the day of the offense.
- You have not participated in a Deferred Disposition Program in the City of Burleson within the last 12 months (the 12 month time period is calculated from the date of the first citation to the date of the second citation).
- You are not currently participating in a Deferred Disposition Program in the City of Burleson
- You are not charged with speeding 30 miles or more over the speed limit or speeding 95 miles per hour or more;
- You are not charged with a violation occurring in a Construction Zone with Workers Present
- You have not already paid your fine which resulted in a final conviction in this case
- If you are under the age of 25 see below
If your request for deferred disposition is granted, you will be placed on probation for a period not to exceed 180 days. As a condition of your probation, you must not receive any additional citations in the City of Burleson, including parking tickets, during the deferral period. Other conditions may also be imposed to qualify for deferred disposition. Any conditions or terms required to successfully complete the deferral period will be provided to you in writing by the court. In addition, you will be required to read and sign the deferred disposition order acknowledging receipt of the information needed to satisfy your deferral terms. If you are under the age of 25 you will be required to complete defensive driving.
At the end of the deferral period, provided you have met all the conditions of your probation, the judge will dismiss your citation without a final disposition. Dismissal of the citation is not reported to the Department of Public Safety, and thus, the offenses are not recorded on your driving and/or criminal record.
If you have any questions, please contact the Municipal Court at 817-426-9220.