AARP Tax Aide
Free Income Tax Assistance February 1 - April 15, 2021
Mondays and Thursdays at the Burleson Recreation Center (BRiCk), at 550 NW Summercrest Blvd.
- Sign up at the BRiCk for appointments and pick up a form.
- Bring completed form to appointment.
- No Walk-Ins Allowed.
The AARP Foundation offers free tax help to low and moderate income taxpayers, especially those 60 and older. AARP representatives will be at the BRiCk to offer assistance by appointment only. The BRiCk is located at 550 NW Summercrest Blvd.
When you come for your appointment, please bring the following:
- 1099-MISC showing any miscellaneous income
- 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid
- Copy of last year's income tax return(s)
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID or Social Security number)
- Government issued photo identification
- Proof of health insurance for yourself and all dependents
- Receipts, canceled checks or 1099 forms related to continuing education
- Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents
- SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits
- Unemployment compensation statements
- W-2 forms from each employer
For information on other locations, see the AARP Tax Aid Locator.