Can’t find what you need in the Burleson Public Library catalog?
Try using Interlibrary Loan (ILL), where you can request almost any material from Texas Group Catalog, a combined database of items owned by over 500 public libraries in Texas and other participating libraries in the United States.
How to Place an ILL Request
Please check the Burleson Public Library catalog before requesting materials through ILL. Requests for items owned by Burleson Public Library or other libraries in our shared catalog will be cancelled. E-resources are not available through ILL. Please do not request new/bestseller titles until they have been released at least 6 months or more.
- Search for material by title, author, or subject in the Texas Group Catalog using the basic default search or the Advanced Search
- Refine your results list by clicking a format: author, year, language, content, audience, or topic in the left-hand navigation bar
- When you find the item you wish to request, click on the title
- Click on the Request Item button below the blue Find a Copy bar
- Choose Burleson Public Library from the drop-down list. Note that you should check the keep me logged in box unless you are on a public computer
- Click Continue and log in with your library card number and password
- On the Request This Item screen, complete all required fields and include any patron instructions
- Select a pickup location
- You must include an email address if you want to be notified about cancelled items
- Click Continue to submit your request
- Your ILL requests can be reviewed by logging in to My Requests once you are on the Texas Group Catalog page.
Please note that ILL materials may take two to six weeks to arrive. If you have questions about your request, contact the library at 817-426-9211.
If you need help requesting an ILL, please contact us at 817-426-9211 for assistance.
Viewing requests you have placed
- Sign in to Texas Group Catalog and click on My Requests in dropdown under Texas Group Catalog in the top left corner.
- Choose Burleson Public Library as your home library. Click on Continue.
- Enter your library card number in the username field. Enter the password of your library account in the password field.
- A new screen will appear with a list of all of your requests.
- Requests expire after 30 days.
Pending: Interlibrary loan request is still being processed
Shipped: Material has been shipped from the lending library
Received: Item has been received by Interlibrary Loan department.
Returned: Interlibrary Loan has been returned to the loaning library
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use ILL?
ILL privileges are available to Burleson Public Library cardholders with a current library card in good standing.
How many requests can I have?
There is a maximum limit of 10 active ILL requests per card. If using multiple cards ILLs must be checked out with the same Burleson card used to place the request.
Are there any fees?
There is no charge for ILL requests.
If an item is lost or damaged, the borrower is responsible for the replacement cost plus any additional processing fees assessed by the lending library. ILL will contact the lending library to determine that amount.
All paperwork and identification stickers included with an ILL must be returned. Fines may be charged if lost or removed.
How long can I keep an item?
Due dates are determined by the lending library and posted on each item. To ensure the longest borrowing time ILL items should be checked out as quickly as possible after notification of their arrival.
Renewal may be requested from the lending library if the item is not overdue. If the renewal is not granted by the lending library you will receive notification, and be asked to return the item as soon as possible.
ILL users or local library staff must contact Interlibrary Loan to submit a renewal request.
How long will it take to get my ILL?
Please allow several weeks (2 - 6) for processing and mailing.
Where do I pick up and return my ILL?
ILLs will be held at the Burleson Public Library until the due date posted on the item.
ILLs may be checked out from and returned the Burleson Public Library only.
Still can’t get what you need?
You may also make a suggestion for purchase.
For additional information, contact the Burleson Public Library ILL :
Email InterLibrary Loan