- Development Services
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Garage Sale Information
Garage Sale Information
How to Apply for a FREE Garage Sale Permit
- *NEW* Create an online account and apply
- Submit online form
- In-person at the kiosk in the Building Permits and Inspections division at Burleson City Hall, 141 W Renfro St.
For your garage sale to be on the weekly garage sale list, you must obtain your garage sale permit by noon on Wednesday. The cut-off time to apply for a garage sale for that same week is Friday at 3 p.m.
Where are the Garage Sales this week?
- View the city's interactive map
- View the Garage Sale Listings (PDF)
- View the Garage Sale Locations (PDF)
- Foyer at Burleson City Hall, 141 W. Renfro Street.
A list of permitted garage sales will be available online each Wednesday by 5 p.m. This map is automatically updated when a new garage sale permit issued.
Things to Know about Your Garage Sale
- The City of Burleson requires a permit for garage sales (2nd-hand goods).
- There is no fee for garage sale permits from the City of Burleson.
- The City does not supply the garage sale signs, but you are required to write your permit number on your signs.
- Sales are limited to 2 per calendar year, and not to exceed 3 consecutive days in length
- Please view the Garage Sales Ordinance, and also the recent Garage Sales Ordinance Amendments (PDF).
Garage Sale Sign Information
- Signs to be used for a garage sale shall be no larger than 15" X 22"
- No more than 3 signs shall be allowed for each permit issued
- One sign shall be posted on the property where the sale is being conducted
- The sign shall be placed in a location visible from the street
- Signs can not be placed on utility poles or on any right-of-way and may not be closer than 10 feet to the street pavement - Signs cannot be placed on vehicles (Additional sign(s) placed off premise must be on privately owned, developed, occupied property, subject to permission of the property owner)
- Any sign in violation of the regulations is subject to removal by City ordinance, and the related sale holder will be cited
- On-premise signs may be posted 24 hours before the sale, but must be taken down within 24 hours after the sale